ECC in the UAE

This forum is dedicated to our trips.
amigasat
Teeny Weeny Coaster
Coaster Count: 793

Re: ECC in the UAE

Post by amigasat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 am

Hi Ben,

The invite links don't seem to be working, could you have a look please.

Thanks.

Dave

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:44 am

jamesllo wrote:My initial thought was "are you trying to cram too much into the trip?"
It's certainly going to be a packed trip! I think we've struck the right balance though between having enough time at the parks, and getting as many parks as we can in during the 5 days we're there :) Yas Waterworld as you mention could be an all-day activity for water park lovers, but luckily we're going first thing to beat any queues, and many members will only be interested in the Bandit Bomber coaster there anyway.
jamesllo wrote:Also, it is normally dark in the UAE by 6:30pm at the latest - many parks have their hours based around daylight time.
You're certainly right that the sun goes down around 6:30pm in March, but many parks keep on going past then; usually to around 8pm - 10pm. We've factored this in to our planning. Sega Republic closes at 2am...! :lol:
amigasat wrote:The invite links don't seem to be working, could you have a look please.
Hi Dave - I'm afraid I can't replicate the problem; the links seem to work for me! It might be because they're shortened; if it helps, the longer versions are below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/456 ... ite_UK.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/456 ... inland.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/456 ... merica.pdf

amigasat
Teeny Weeny Coaster
Coaster Count: 793

Post by amigasat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Thanks Ben,

Do you have the flight info please, as looking into the trip and the logistics of connecting from Newcastle / getting a connecting / through flight. Thanks.

Dave

Caffeine_demon
Ben Hur Racer

Post by Caffeine_demon » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:51 am

Just checking something,

Is it a Friday night flight, with the fun starting on Saturday, or a Thursday night flight?

Thanks.
Daniel "Caffeine demon" Roach

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:29 pm

amigasat wrote:Do you have the flight info please, as looking into the trip and the logistics of connecting from Newcastle / getting a connecting / through flight. Thanks.
Dave - we're flying overnight on Emirates, getting into DXB at 07:00 on the Saturday. The flight back is again Emirates, at 16:10 on the Wednesday.

We're asking that if you're not looking to take the Club flight, you arrive in DXB the day before to ensure there's a buffer on timings. For the return, anything after 16:10 on the Wednesday would be fine.
Caffeine_demon wrote:Is it a Friday night flight, with the fun starting on Saturday, or a Thursday night flight?
Daniel - hopefully the above answers this for you. The fun begins at Legoland on the Saturday :)

scottie
Steeplechase

Post by scottie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:45 pm

How many people do you need to ensure trip goes ahead Ben ?

paul
Trips Manager

Post by paul » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 am

Hi Scottie,

I think that we can say safely that the trip is going to be going ahead, the interest is huge and already enough bookings to make it a go :)

Paul
Paul Samuels
Trips Gorilla :)
paul.samuels@coasterclub.org

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:54 pm

^ What Paul said!

:)

Caffeine_demon
Ben Hur Racer

Post by Caffeine_demon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:03 pm

looks like I'll be booking time off work next week then!! :D
Daniel "Caffeine demon" Roach

scottie
Steeplechase

Post by scottie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:30 pm

scottie wrote:I have also never been to the UAE and Dubai has been on my wish list for some time. My birthday is also just before it. I am very interested in this trip. I will make a final decision when the invite comes but at the moment I am 95% certain I will be applying.
As indicated I have applied for the trip along with my friend Dave. Now waiting hopefully for closing date to see if we are in !!!