A little trip to Germany

Post comments on your own trips and new rides in here
Andylamb
Treetops

Re: A little trip to Germany

Post by Andylamb » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Apologies either the internet at the hotels was not good enough to upload photos or I was just a bit lazy but I kinda stopped doing day by day reports. It was probably exhaustion from all the running around to. We rode loads of alpine coasters so please forgive me which ones are which! they have all molded into one in my head.

Day 3

We spent the night in one of Europa park's onsite hotel. Colosseo a Rome themed hotel, excellent hotel, In the evening they were playing a world cup match on the big screen in the middle of the Colosseum - I think it was a France match so there was lots of atmosphere as I guess a lot of french where in town (as Europa Park in near the border). we arrived in the evening a little later than planned as we where held up on the motorway due a Mini bus being on fire (we where not that far away from it we could see the smoke - very scary stuff) If that would of not happened we might of had some time to go in the park.However we had a Buffet at the Hotel which was one of the best ones I have had in a long time (which was probably my last visit here!)

Anyway the next day came and we entered the park for early rider, we got a few good rides on Blue Fire and then we joined the queue for Wodan. A long walk down its queue line and we got on. What a wonderful coaster smooth, fun and fast. Then we went for a few more goes on Blue Fire. We then walked to the other side of the park to Silver star which was late open, it had a huge queue so we decided to give it a miss. Another reason for us to visit Europa was to ride their new coaster Arthur, unfortunately this was not ready for us.

View from our hotel window

It was difficult but after an hour and a half we left the park, I know that this is a kind of a crime, I am sorry if it offends anyone here. I do plan to return and to spend quality time here on the ECC winter warmer trip.

The next stop was nearby at Funny-World Familienfreizeitpark. Two impressively sounding coasters are here

Boomerang was the first, we thought it was a Vekoma.... turns out it was a butterfly

Next coaster was Goldmine Express, sounded like a runaway mine train kind of coaster... nope another Butterfly

Back in the car and off to an Alpine coaster Sommer-Rodelbahn Gutach

This one had a sign in Hebrew... bit odd to see especially with Germany's history. I can only assume they get a lot of visitors from Israel.

Next Alpine coaster we went to was Hasenhorn-Sessellift Seilbahngesellschaft Todtnau. From what I remember I think this was a very good one and lot of good view. This one doesn't have a lifthill. riders get to the top via ski lift.

The next stop was Steinwasen Park - this park has in interesting layout. If it wasn't for kat we probably would not have found the powered coaster Gletscherblitz

Didn't manage to get a good photo

They also had an alpine coaster, apparently a new generation one, i found it to be slow

The final park of the day was Schwarzwald Park, another small indoor kids park. We had to take our shoes off to enter so i think this is the only coaster I have rode without any footwear

Day 4

The first Park for the day for me and Christof was Legoland Deutschland. we let the other two at the hotel as they had previously been on the coasters

Three coasters here, first we went on Feuerdrache

next was Drachenjagd

next coaster was Project X - Test Strecke

not sure how he won with 4 flat tires

lol

After picking up the ladies we went to Skyline Park, Christof needed all the coasters, I needed the bayern curve and the ladies and I needed to re ride their spinning coaster which was a relocated from Camelot.

I sat out this one

relocated coaster for Camelot

Schwarzkopf goodness

I think we got told off for this.

Tick

Interesting coaster with a rubbish throughput. we couldn't leave without getting Christof a ride :)

Then off to the next alpine coaster alpsee bergwelt. The longest alpine coaster in Germany

it was good but not as good as the one at Hasenhorn-Sessellift Seilbahngesellschaft Todtnau

Last Alpine of the day was Söllereckrodel

A small one we were being spoilt with these type of coaster

On the way back to the hotel we drove past Blombergblitz Bad Tölz which we are visiting the next day (to ride their alpine coaster). I thought i saw some blue track and a lift hill......

Talhat Mahmood
Vampire
Coaster Count: 1000+

Post by Talhat Mahmood » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:30 am

I won't even talk about your time in Europa ;-)

One tip I can give you and that I found useful when riding many alpine coasters in one day is to photograph the name sign before taking photos of the actual coaster.

That helps in separately the coaster photos and becomes easier to use them for trip reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Bannister
Montezooma's revenge
Coaster Count: 2136

Post by Richard Bannister » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Reading this trip report brings back the memories of the days when I used to race from park to park just to get credits.

I've switched in recent years to enjoying the park I'm in, and honestly, doing that helps me enjoy the hobby much more. There's nothing wrong with two or three parks in a day if the hours allow it, but any more than that and the enjoyment starts to go down.

Just my €0.02...

Talhat Mahmood
Vampire

Post by Talhat Mahmood » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:55 pm

I fully agree with Richard, enjoying the park fully makes me enjoy my hobby even more. I rather do one less park than leave a park early just to get some credits before they close at another park.

Doing that I'm not justifying my time at both parks.

If time allows and you are satisfied with your time at the first park then by all mean go to another park[s].

I also find it that doing less trips makes me enjoy my hobby even more. I look forward to going to parks now whereas before when I used to do loads of trips it became a chore.

Andylamb
Treetops

Post by Andylamb » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Day 5

First Alpine coaster of the day was Stefan Gerg - Jaudenhangflitzer. This was the first single railed one I had ridden made scarier with cows in the middle

2nd alpine of the day was Blombergblitz Bad Tölz, this was the one we drove past the previous evening where I though i saw a small coaster with blue track. My eyes where not deceiving me, turns out it was a relocated coaster that used to be at Lillihop which closed down in April. The Alpine coaster was pretty good too.

3rd park was Märchenwald im Isartal which has a Gerstlauer family coaster

4th "park" of the day was another alpine coaster, Schliersbergalm - Alpenroller - A special one indeed, a cool cable car up and then the alpine coaster is a coin operated powered one. Also to return back down the hill you have to via a long slide. almost fell out so took it slow unfortunately Kat wasn't so Lucky.

5th place was another alpine coaster Oedberg Flizzer a single railed alpine coaster

6th and final park of the day was Freizeitpark Ruhpolding by chance we bumped into the owners at the entrance. They noticed that Christof was wearing an ECC T Shirt. When then got the VIP treatment, taken to the coaster for a few rides, a small behind the scenes tour of the coaster, drinks and a nice chat. They took photos and details of all our coaster counts for a local newspaper. Not looked around if we made it into a paper but it was a lot of fun. A very welcoming park indeed

I am not the most photogenic person

Day 6

A national holiday in Germany was on this day so I was expecting the worst today and some head aches. First Park for the day Bayern Park, Me and Kat only needed their newest coaster Freischütz a Launched Maurer Söhne X Car whist Christof and Nina needed all 5 coasters. We headed to Freischütz after 20 mins wait it had a failed launch and broke down. we would have been on a couple or rides but instead we where evacuated from the queue. So we headed to the other coasters two Zierers and two butterflies. We then went back to Freischütz which fortunately was back up and running another 20 mins wait we got on. A nice launch but the rest of the ride was instantly forgettable.

Surprisingly ahead of schedule we went to the 2nd stop of the day Sommerrodelbahn Grafenau an alpine coaster

3rd stop was another alpine coaster at Egidi-Buckel Rodelparadies.

4th park of the day was Churpfalzpark, A butterfly and a Zierer tivoli. the operator was give lots of laps we got into double figures

Final Stop of the day was Sport+Freizeitzentrum Hohenbogen a butterfly resides here

Andylamb
Treetops

Post by Andylamb » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:51 am

Day 7

1st coaster of the day was an alpine coaster at SC Monte Kaolino Hirschau. Built on the side of a mine it has a really good first drop

2nd coaster day, another alpine coaster at Sommerrodelbahn Pottenstein

3rd parks of the day with two coasters was Erlebnispark Schloss Thurn  - this was for Christof - he deserves it as he did the driving :)

Nina doing the Andy Huckle pose

No prams allowed

5th 'park' of the day was Sommerrodelbahn Vestenbergsgreuth for another alpine coaster - I think this was the smallest one on our trip

reminded me of the china one

6th and last park of the day was Freizeit-Land Geiselwind - We all previously been to this park by myself and Christof needed the Black Hole. A travelling coaster which is at this park. It has been at Winter Wonderland never got on it until this day :)

Still has it's Winter Wonderland entrance sign

Day 8

The last day of the trip, up until today we had a great luck, it ran out had a couple of mishaps....

First park of the day was Ski- und Rodelarena Wasserkuppe, officially has 2 coasters but I would argue there is 3

1st official coaster was an alpine coaster, this one was fun but also quite bumpy I understand that this was one of the first\prototype

2nd coaster was 'Hexenbesen' a coin operated coaster. Suspended I think this is possibly unique.

Next what I would call a coaster. It has a lift hill, track and coaster trains. It is just heavily breaked - a bit like the 'coaster' at Harmony Land, Japan. They are a few places on the track where it is not braked

2nd park of the day with 2 coasters, Erlebnispark Steinau, another shoe box coaster (same as Trampolino) and a Butterfly Coaster

The Butterfly was closed

and of course we couldn't fit in the Shoe box

There wasn't anyone around we where tempted to try (its self operated)

3rd park of the day Freizeitpark Lochmühle racing butterflies and a Zierer Tivoli

4th park and final park of the trip was supposed to be Odenwaldbob but due to a planning cock up on my park we ended up at the Joseph Wiegand factory

It had a couple of coaster setup in the back yard

And that was the end of the trip :( had a fantastic time. It was a fast paced coaster ticking trip sorry for any one offended by the speed of the parks we did! I do plan to go back in the not to distant future

43 'parks' visited, 3800 Km driven (by Christof) in 8 days, roughly 50 coasters new coasters :)

Talhat Mahmood
Vampire

Post by Talhat Mahmood » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:48 am

You don't need to apologise for the speed of the trip. It's your trip, you have the right to do the trip at whatever pace that suits you.

I've been meaning to get to The alpine coaster at Kaolino Hirschau for a while now but never managed to plan a trip around it.
The setting looks awesome as it gives a feel of riding a coaster in a desert.

There is no third coaster at Rodelarena Wasserkuppe, that is a transport system for skiers. If you are counting them then you must be really desperate :-)

Love Kats photo on Hexenbesen :-)

lutz3457
Grand National
Coaster Count: 1896

Post by lutz3457 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 am

Talhat, Kaolino is boring. And it looks only like a desert when you look at the hill from a little far away. If you sit in the car the look is nothing special. Not worth a trip or detour.
Lutz Konerding

Talhat Mahmood
Vampire

Post by Talhat Mahmood » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Lutz, that's the reason why I haven't been there yet. I like to ride it but only if I'm near there or passing by. Thanks

Caffeine_demon
Ben Hur Racer

Post by Caffeine_demon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:59 pm

Looks awesome, but pretty insane - I can't imagine spending so little time in Holiday park, tripsdrill and europa!

Would love to do a big alpine coaster trip sometime though!

what did you think of sky scream?
Daniel "Caffeine demon" Roach