ECC in the UAE

This forum is dedicated to our trips.
Caffeine_demon
Ben Hur Racer

Re: ECC in the UAE

Post by Caffeine_demon » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:31 pm

So - Is it going to be the same hotel for the whole trip?
Daniel "Caffeine demon" Roach

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Caffeine_demon wrote:So - Is it going to be the same hotel for the whole trip?
It is Daniel - we'll be releasing more details in the coming weeks.

Finally - a shout out to Eluc: you are on the trip but at the moment your email inbox is bouncing all inbound traffic. If you could PM me with an alternative email address, that'd be great. Thanks!

ralfhaan2501
Teeny Weeny Coaster

Post by ralfhaan2501 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:15 pm

I wish I had registered for this trip, this is one of my must do destinations. The program you guys put together looks incredible! :)

coasteraddict
Coaster Count: 1350

Post by coasteraddict » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Can you advise please? For those participants arriving early, is it possible to join the group on Saturday morning at Legoland, down the street from our hotel, or will we need to return to the airport to join up?

Also, what is the dress "code" at the parks? Are shorts acceptable (above the knee) for both men and women?

Richard Bannister
Montezooma's revenge
Coaster Count: 2136

Post by Richard Bannister » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 pm

You do see people wearing shorts in Dubai so you can get away with them. However, it is frowned upon; I would suggest that it's better form to wear extremely light full length trousers while there.

Shorts are not permitted in the shopping mall in Sharjah (where Adventureland is) so you will need to wear long trousers for that day.

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:52 pm

coasteraddict wrote:Can you advise please? For those participants arriving early, is it possible to join the group on Saturday morning at Legoland, down the street from our hotel, or will we need to return to the airport to join up?
Hi coasteraddict,

Everyone will need to meet at the airport (DXB) on the morning of the Saturday 18th (circa 8pm) to kick the trip off.

Legoland may not be our first stop ;)

As I've said in the main Trip Goers forum, there's lots of work going on at the moment on the trip pack; everyone will receive this around a month before departure, and it will contain all the info you need :)

Ben

lutz3457
Grand National
Coaster Count: 1896

Post by lutz3457 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Sorry to say that but we will start the trip late. Wheels down at 10 am (I think you mean 8 am??? - 8 pm is ok for us...). Susanne und Lutz
Lutz Konerding

Caffeine_demon
Ben Hur Racer

Post by Caffeine_demon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:09 am

BenCase wrote:
Hi coasteraddict,

Everyone will need to meet at the airport (DXB) on the morning of the Saturday 18th (circa 8pm) to kick the trip off.

Ben
pssst - I think you mean 8am!!
Daniel "Caffeine demon" Roach

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:41 am

Caffeine_demon wrote:pssst - I think you mean 8am!!
Indeed, sorry - everyone needs to be at DXB for around 8am on the Saturday; we'll confirm timings soon.

This early start at DXB was advertised back in July last year when we put the trip invite out...
Trip Invite wrote:For those who want to book their own flights, you need to be at Dubai International Airport (DXB) for 07:00 on Saturday 18th March. We would prefer those with their own flights to arrive at least the day before (Friday).
Lutz, what times are your flights...?

Eluc
Wacky Worm
Coaster Count: 102

Post by Eluc » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi, it's hard to follow, why don't everyone use the private topic for organizing and other ?