Hamburg, Heide Park, Hansa Park - HHH trip

This forum is dedicated to our trips.
Eluc
Wacky Worm
Coaster Count: 102

Hamburg, Heide Park, Hansa Park - HHH trip

Post by Eluc » Fri May 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello,
I'm very interested by this trip and I've just read the invite in today email. However I see that nothing is organized for the transport between Hamburg and the parks (and they are quite far), how do you plan it ? are people sharing a rented car ? is there easy public transports to be there on time ?

Same for the hotels, is there an hotel recommended or with negotiated prices ?

Also you talk about the Hamburg fair on Friday, I might not be able to attend it depending on the plane schedule, but I was looking to stay on Monday because it's a public holiday in Switzerland, do you know if the fair is still on on Friday 1st August ? or is it ending on 31th July ?

By the way, it will be only my second trip with the club, and late time in Sweden they were like 7 ERS in 3-4 days, here there is only one, was Sweden an exception or is it an exception to have so few ERS ?

sven
Wacky Worm

Re: Hamburg, Heide Park, Hansa Park - HHH trip

Post by sven » Mon May 23, 2016 12:36 pm

The Sommerdom runs from 29.07.2016 bis 28.08.2016.
Sven Lakemeier

Eluc
Wacky Worm

Post by Eluc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 pm

I'm still very interested by this trip but my bro just couldn't make it and I'm on my own. It's not very cost effective to rent a car by myself (in addition of single room hotel) so I'm asking again if anything is organized for the transport and if not are some willing to share a car ? I'll arrive Friday evening (probably just to late for the meeting at the fair) and I could leave either Sunday or Monday evening but in any case I would probably return the car by Sunday evening.

Haywood001
Coaster Count: 1

Post by Haywood001 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello ECC Team , Paul Samuels " Trips Manager ", David Bebbington " Trips Organizer " or who it may concern?

Hopefully someone on the Team may answer my questions and also forward this email to the appropriate individuals for contact ?
Being that I've never done an ECC tour/event, I have a few questions
On the " German Summer Tour " .

1. After the group meets at Hamburger Sommerdom and ends the evening, is there a host hotel(s) in particular the people will stay at as a group throughout the trip ?

2. Or do we research Hotel accommodations throughout the trip to our personal preferences ?

3. Also is the group provided transportation ( van/bus ) or given information on the best or suggested modes of transportation to the locations mentioned on the itinerary from Hamburg to Hansa Park and Heide Park?

4. Or do we individually research transportation options to the itinerary locations listed after departing Hamburg ?

I do understand there will be out-of-pocket expenses, but I'd like to know ( Transportation, Hotels, Incidental costs, etc. ) and remain informed to best stay with the group.

The Contact Page Link buttons with the envelope icons next to each Team Member do NOT function . Yet the calendar column under " UPCOMING TRIPS " on the same page, open fine when clicked on.

Thank You ECC Team , Paul Samuels " Trips Manager ", David Bebbington " Trips Organizer " or who it may concern?

Leonard
Haywood001@aol.com

Theo Geertsma
Benelux Merchandise

Post by Theo Geertsma » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Hi,

You can research hotel accomations to your personal preferences.

I know a group of 10, including myself, will stay here: Friday 29-7 B&B Hotel Hamburg Altona and for Saturday 30-7 Heidehotel Anna, Soltau.
The B&B can be booked here: https://www.hotelbb.de/en/portal/booking#/booking
Heidehotel can be booked at booking.com.

There's no transportation accomodated. Travelling by car (own/rented) might be the beste solution i guess.
In my car I have 2 places left on the route Hamburger Dom (Friday evening) - Hotel Hamburg Altona - Hansa-Park - Heidehotel Anna - Heide-Park (Sunday morning).

Regards, Theo
Rodelcounter: 100 --- Last: Odenwaldbob

the_turbine
Wacky Worm

Post by the_turbine » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Another two people will join you at B&B Hotel in Hamburg Altona. Heidehotel Anna unfortunately just had one 4-bed room left, so we will stay at Hotel Heideparadies which is in 1.4km walking distance. Should be doable for a beer with the others at Heidehotel Anna!

We're looking forward to the trip,
Bruno & Anita
Bruno Baumeister has worked hard on this post.

Eluc
Wacky Worm

Post by Eluc » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:35 am

Hi, I'm willing to join you, I've booked the Heidehotel Anna already, but in Hamburg I booked at Hotel Pacific just next to the train station to come from the airport and walking distance of Summerdom, both have free cancellation so I can change my mind anyway. I've contacted Theo in PM for car sharing but I will also need to go back to Hamburg on Sunday evening (eventually Monday morning).
If it's not possible I'll rent a car, but I'll try to avoid it if I cannot share the cost with others. I'm willing to pay my part for the car/gas and even drive some time if people with car want to rest a little on the way, thus it's not a long drive.

Don't hesitate to contact me.

Chris Wells

Post by Chris Wells » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi
I will be driving back from Heide Park on Sunday night to Hamburg Airport. If anyone wants a lift back there and wants to throw in a few Euros towards car rental then I'm more than happy to give you a lift.
Chris

Eluc
Wacky Worm

Post by Eluc » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:16 pm

Chris Wells wrote:Hi
I will be driving back from Heide Park on Sunday night to Hamburg Airport. If anyone wants a lift back there and wants to throw in a few Euros towards car rental then I'm more than happy to give you a lift.
Chris
I'm interested for sure. I'll PM you my contact info.

Chris Wells

Post by Chris Wells » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:23 am

There are trains into the centre of Hamburg that run all night i think from the airport, will probably leave early evening.