Paultons & IOW

This forum is dedicated to our trips.
Richard Bannister
Montezooma's revenge
Coaster Count: 2136

Paultons & IOW

Post by Richard Bannister » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:26 pm

I'd like to do the club trip to Paultons/IOW but only if I can do it on the ultra-cheap.

Would anyone be driving past Bristol (cheapest) or Gatwick (close second) on the morning of Saturday 21st and back on the evening of Sunday 22nd that could offer Megan and me a lift?

Flying direct to Southampton is €270 round trip for both of us – not a runner.

paul
Trips Manager

Re: Paultons & IOW

Post by paul » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:59 pm

Richard,

I will try to keep an eye out on the applications to see if there is anyone I know that is coming from that direction. Would it be worth a punt on the FB group as well?

Paul
Paul Samuels
Trips Gorilla :)
paul.samuels@coasterclub.org

Richard Bannister
Montezooma's revenge

Post by Richard Bannister » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Potentially. It's a bit of a long shot though; I can't fly in early enough to make the morning ERS, so I'm sort of thinking I might have to drive myself. Bristol seems like the easier approach in that scenario...

Margaret
Wacky Worm

Post by Margaret » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Just to help with planning, approximately what time are we meeting for the ferry to Isle of Wight on the Sunday, and what time can we expect to be back in Southampton?

Looking forward to this trip.

Margaret
Margaret Drinkwater

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:52 am

Hi Margaret - it is still TBC, but the current plans have us meeting at Southampton port for just before 8am, and returning back to Southampton port for around 5pm. I'll email the group of attendees with the finalised plan when I have it. I'm looking forward to this trip too! :)

Richard Bannister
Montezooma's revenge

Post by Richard Bannister » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Right, so to update my own post, it turns out that Bristol is not a runner. Ryanair's visa stamp rules for non-EU citizens (i.e. Megan) make it too much of a risk given the 9:10pm flight home.

To that end, it seems like Gatwick is going to be our best option. Is there anyone planning to go who could give me and Megan a lift from there?

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Richard Bannister wrote:To that end, it seems like Gatwick is going to be our best option. Is there anyone planning to go who could give me and Megan a lift from there?
So it turns out that I am being Bannister's chauffeur for the weekend :D
Margaret wrote:Just to help with planning, approximately what time are we meeting for the ferry to Isle of Wight on the Sunday, and what time can we expect to be back in Southampton?
Margaret - we've firmed up the Sunday timings now, so I can answer your question: we're taking the 07:45 Red Jet crossing from Southampton to IoW (aiming to meet at 07:20), and returning on the 16:15 crossing from IoW to Southampton (the crossing takes 25 mins, so we anticipate the trip will conclude at around 17:00 on the Sunday).

For those not yet booked on the trip, the PDF is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-1K2Y ... ef=2&pli=1

It's a "make your own way there" trip, and hotels in Southampton are going fast! Booking deadline is Friday 6th May :)

paul
Trips Manager

Post by paul » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 pm

All,

I have to hold my hands up as I made a typo on the invite! I'm afraid that the Sunday doesn't include a meal, sorry for any false lunch hopes :(

Paul
Paul Samuels
Trips Gorilla :)
paul.samuels@coasterclub.org

Porsmond

Post by Porsmond » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi all, thought I would post this for people interested

As I am local to Southampton, I can gladly help out picking up anyone getting to paultons on the Saturday(if they were trying to get down by train for example), I could also pick some people up from their hotels and drop them back if they were staying in Southampton Friday night as well, so let me know, first come first served

Also people might want to club together for the parking on Sunday, the best place is on town quey pier as that's where the Ferrys leave,but it's expensive(12hrs is £9) so people might save money if they can go together.

Looking forward to the trip, lost kingdom is looking really good and I can't wait to check it out

Paul Orsmond

BenCase
Treetops

Post by BenCase » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Just over a week to go until the booking deadline (Friday 6th May) :)