Post comments on your own trips and new rides in here
Talhat Mahmood
Vampire
Coaster Count: 1000+

Re: Andrew's and Nina's UK Cre-ho Trip 2013

Post by Talhat Mahmood » Thu May 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Andrew, I just have a question for you:
Are you really enjoying this hobby?

Hobbies are meant to be fun but running around at super sonic speed can't be much fun.

You never mention once that you rode another ride besides a roller coaster. Don't you like any other rides or attractions in amusement parks or are you so obsessed with roller coasters, that you don't see anything else the park has to offer?

I've heard about your upcoming Germany trip and still can't believe how little time you are spending at some parks.

If Credit Whoring at this level makes you happy, I certainly wouldn't like to do a trip with you :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard Bannister
Montezooma's revenge
Coaster Count: 2136

Post by Richard Bannister » Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Tal, this hobby is different things to different people. Some people get a kick out of ticking off as many credits as they can. That used to be me (yes, it isn't any more) and I have wonderful memories of days when I got 15+ new credits by running around different parks. I wouldn't dream of judging someone for doing what I used to do.

Just my €0.02.

Andylamb
Treetops

Post by Andylamb » Fri May 16, 2014 10:38 pm

I am Loving my hobby :)

I obviously much prefer going on the bigger coasters in big parks but saying that I also enjoying going to more obscure places even if its just for a wacky worm :)

I guess Coasters is what I enjoy the most (your right i am obsessed with them), I am not a big fan of flat rides as not too keen on being spun around to much. Drop towers or a good dark ride are ok. I do find it fun to run around to try and get on as many coasters as possible after all I am only on this planet for a limited time and Holiday time is also limited with work!

I am not forcing anyone to join me to germany but we could possibly fit you in the car if you have a change of heart :D

Talhat Mahmood
Vampire
Coaster Count: 1000+

Post by Talhat Mahmood » Sun May 18, 2014 9:11 am

If this sort of trips makes you happy then good luck.

The day you decide to spend a full day in Europa Park rather then the hour or so you'll be doing now, I'll happily join you on a trip.....until then, have fun on your adventures :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robin Antill
Teeny Weeny Coaster

Post by Robin Antill » Sun May 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Good report and very interesting. I'm also only into coasters although I do ride other rides when the group I'm with ventures onto to them. When I started I thought what a load of idiots counting coasters - however - I'm now want of these idiots. The buzz you get when 'ticking' another coaster off is great (I know I should get out more - i could ride even more coasters) and when you get a coaster which is hard to get - well that goes to a new level. However, I would spend maybe a little more time at a park that what you and Nina did. HOPING to get the Weymouth Snails on my summer holiday.
The coaster on the Cleethorpes beach was there back in the 60's as I rode it then.
CoastingRobin

Andylamb
Treetops

Post by Andylamb » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Day 8

Friday 9th August

A last minute change of plan today due to the forgotten park the previous day

Miles Driven from hotel to park: 5 Miles

Wickstead Park was the first park of the day. I previously been on all the coasters so I let Nina do the riding

3 coasters at this park

Clown Coaster - Used to live in Blackpool

Pinfari named Rollercoaster

Zierer Tivoli named Lady bird

Then back in the car to go back to the east coaster. Hemsby Fun Park. The one we missed yesterday

Miles driven to the next park: 123 Miles

1 coaster a small powered Catapillar manufactured by SBF

Back in the car lto go to Gulliver's Milton Keynes

Miles driven to the next park: 128 Miles

I previously have been to this park but went in again.

Indoor coaster called Crazy Mouse

Pinfari called Python

A Zamprela called Runaway Train

Then off to the next park Billing Aquadrome

Miles driven to the next park: 22 Miles

Previously been to this small permanent funfair so let Nina run into the park whilst I waited outside

1 coaster called runaway train. The original plan was to go down to Adventure Island but due to the detour to Hemsby we decided to our Hotel in Clacton on Sea. Was not to much of a loss as Nina only needed 1 coaster and I had them all already.

Miles driven to hotel: 125 Miles

Day 9

Saturday 10th August

Miles walked from hotel to park: 0.2 Miles

First park for the day was Clacton Pier

3 Coasters are on the pier

A Go Gator which we where not allowed to ride although initially the op said we could

A Wacky Worm called Wild Mouse Coaster

A Zyklon Galaxy named Stellas Revenge.

Just at the end of the Pier there is another small park named Pavilion Fun Park home to 1 coaster

Miles driven to the next park: 0 Miles

a SBF coaster named Gold Mine

Back in the car to head to Old McDonald's Farm

Miles driven to the next park: 60 Miles

1 Coaster here, a Wacky Worm called Crazy worm. This would be Nina's last ride of the trip as it was her 999th and was saving her 1000th for the Belgium trip

Next stop Flamingo Park in Hastings

Miles driven to the next park: 70 Miles

Another Wacky Worm this one called Chanille. Nina regrets not riding this one as its since moved to Dubai. Little trouble parking as there was a parade along the promenade.

Next stop and final stop was to a Funfair in Mitcham Common. Another Malcom find so was very thankful for that :clap: :clap: 3 coasters here, 1 of which I had already been on previously. Nina again sat it out.

Miles driven to the next park: 60 Miles

John Woodword's Mine train (this is the one I had already)

Charles Ive's Goldmine

James, Stevie & Glen & Remblance's Space Chaser - this used to operated at Adventure Island, Southend.

Miles driven to home: 20 Miles

And that was the trip hope you enjoyed my trip report of this crazy adventure